Steven Wilsey is a native Floridian, being born and raised in St. Petersburg. He is a graduate of Florida State University College of Business with a degree in Finance and has his Accounting and Juris Doctor degrees from the University of Florida's, Fisher School of Accounting and College of Law.
He is one of a handful of attorneys in the state who is also licensed as a Certified Public Accountant. Steven also holds a Florida Real Estate license. He has been a member of the Florida Bar since 1992 and is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court and United States Tax Court. Steven is a Martindale Hubbell preeminent "AV" peer review rated attorney.
He has been longtime member of the Florida Bar's Tax Section and has served many years as a Judge for the Tax Section's National Tax Moot Court Competition. He has also served on the Committee for Florida Bar/FICPA's Relations and is active member in the St. Petersburg Bar Association, having served on several committees and as past Chairman of the Tax Section. He is a co-author of the Will and Trust Contest chapter of the Florida Bar's Litigation under the Florida Probate Code practice manual.
Steve is a member of the American Mensa and has been involved civically as a member of the Suncoasters and longtime member of the Northeast Exchange Club, having served as a past President and several other offices. He also has served on the Board of Trustees and Council of Excellence for Bayfront Hospital's Health Foundation and on the Board of Directors of Family Resources, a charitable organization with an emphasis on runaways and at risk children having served 3 terms as Chairman of the Board from 2003-2006. Steven, his wife, Vivian and three children live in St. Petersburg. His practice areas include estate planning, elder law, estate and trust administration, probate litigation, taxation, and real estate.
Areas of Practice
- Estates and Trust, Tax Matters 75%
- Real Estate 25%
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant
- Florida, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 07/1992
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.S. - 12/1991
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.S. - 04/1989
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar's Tax Section, Member
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Member
- Committee for Florida Bar/FICPA's Relations
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Tax Section, Past Chairman
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Directors, Chairman, Family Resources, Inc., 2003 to 2006
- Board of Trustees, Bayfront Health Foundation
- Member, Past President, Northeast Exchange Club
- SunCoaster's Member
- Pinellas Realtor Organization
- Member, American Mensa
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Phi Delta Phi
- Co-author, Will and Trust Contest Chapter of the Florida Bar's Litigation, Florida Probate Code Practice Manual
Honors and Awards
- Martindale Hubbell Preeminent "AV" Peer Review Rated
- Title Insurance/Closing Agents - Fidelity National Title Insurance Co.
- CPA / Tax Return Preparation
- Florida Licensed Real Estate Agent